What is Turnitin?
- Turnitin is a comprehensive cloud-based solution that helps check students' work for improper citation or potential plagiarism by comparing it against the world's largest comparison database.
How does it work?
- Students submit their electronic documents to the link provided by instructor. The submitted work is checked against the largest academic database and Internet.
- Instructors view the paper in its original format.
- Turnitin shows how much of the student's paper matches content from our databases so instructors can quickly understand how much of the paper is unoriginal.
- Unoriginal content is highlighted and color-coded, and the original source appears with the percentage of content originating from that source.
- Control what information appears in your Originality Report by filtering out bibliographic, quoted or small match sizes.
The Turnitin Direct is integrated with Blackboard - no separate user account is needed.
Find the Turnitin Direct Assignment under Assessments drop-down menu in your Blackboard course.
The Turnitin plug-in that provides a more Blackboard-like experience for delivering Turnitin Originality Checking and GradeMark services.
- Allows access to Turnitin OriginalityCheck and GradeMark (not PeerMark) without having to leave the Blackboard environment or log into Turnitin directly.
- Turnitin OriginalityCheck and GradeMark are integrated into the standard Blackboard user interface, alongside other Blackboard components.
Instructor Manual | Student Manual
Instructors can request a separate Turnitin.com account if they need to submit work for users not in their Blackboard courses.
How to get an instructor account for website only?
How to get a student account for website only?
Turnitin Resources and Tutorials: