What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is a web-based learning management system (LMS) designed to support fully online courses or provide a space for face-to-face course supplementation. Blackboard provides many types of tools and features for enriching the learning experience.
How does it work?
Blackboard provides a space for each course taught each semester. Student enrollments and faculty assignments are handled automatically by the system. A fully functional course space, called a “shell,” provides tools for displaying content, interacting with other students, and
Blackboard can also be used for:
How to login to Blackboard?
- Access Bb at https://bb9.tamucc.edu
- Login through the Central Authentication Service (CAS) to have access to Blackboard and other services available.
- Use your Island ID and password. Need help? Call 361-825-2692.
How to use Blackboard?
- Free Student Orientations workshops are offered periodically
- Contact the Office of Distance Education and Learning Technologies for more information.
- Student Guides and Tutorials can be found at:
Blackboard Technical Requirements
To ensure your computer runs properly in Blackboard on either PC or MAC, take the following steps to Prepare Your Computer for Blackboard.
Blackboard Mobile App - "Blackboard " - can be downloaded for free. Sign in with the university credentials.
Current Version: Blackboard Learn 9.1