Texas A&M Corpus Christi adopts e-learning technologies and processes to positively transform teaching methods such that students are fully engaged in learning and do not drop out of courses. In addition, space constraints are relieved by the use of online experiences for students outside of physical classrooms. Online degree and certificate programs are offered that meet the needs of citizens in Texas. And, in the event of a disaster, faculty and students are able to continue the business of education by using online technologies.
The Office of Distance Education and Learning Technologies provides leadership, coordination, management, and support to the e-learning activities of Texas A&M Corpus Christi. The office works collaboratively to provide educational opportunities throughout Texas and beyond, provide open learning environments so that learning can occur anytime and anyplace, and distribute faculty knowledge and expertise to benefit society and the economic vitality of the Coastal Bend.
Given our mission, we have adopted a “servant leadership” approach. Our task is to build a shared vision and high level of trust among all stakeholders, administrators, instructors, students, and staff. We make every effort to empower participants to pursue that shared vision, support that pursuit, and provide professional development and other resources when needed. Elements of our culture include empowerment, inclusion, consensus building, collaboration, systems thinking, trust, and transparency.
Assist in developing online courses and program:
- We provide support and assistance to faculty with the development of new programs, revision to an existing programs, or offering of a program online.
- Be prepared in the event of campus closure!
- We developed resources, guides, and tutorials for both instructors and students to ensure continuity of learning.
- We offer live sessions to help students learn how to use Blackboard tools, activate Island ID, and locate resources.
- We can come to your class to help your students get started in Blackboard - please contact email@example.com to schedule a visit.
Campus software training
- We provide individual, group, or on demand training for Blackboard, Camtasia, and other.
Video Production Services
Individual consultations with instructors
- Call or email our instructional designers if you have questions regarding your course design, Blackboard, or best practices in distance education.
Island Online website - Instructor and Student Resources
- Website contains resources for both faculty and students, logins to widely used services, and updates on technology.
iTeach_Online Blackboard Resource Center
- We have created a course in Blackboard that contains helpful information for instructors. It also serves as a base course fo the Certificates program.
Webinars and Connect and Reflect series on Wednesdays
- The Office of Distance Education and Learning Technologies, the Center for Faculty Excellence, and the First Year Islanders organize weekly workshops during the academic year in CCH 118 at noon. These workshops showcase issues in teaching and learning, pedagogy, online learning, and research.
Joint ODELT- IT Newsletters